Friday, May 6, 2016

I swear
There is nothing veracious
In the macabre makeup
That you perceive as truth
In the twilight of our love.
I know
I have erred in loving you
When all that you needed
Was passion of the sort
I never believed in.
It is true
I let you evolve
From someone you always were
To what I couldn't recognise
When your kisses
Were replaced by curses
By hatred, by distress
And there was nothing I could do.
There was nothing I could do
Because I let you mould me
Into a slave of your perception
A person I never was
A person you could never love
And as the percolated pain
Let itself hurt us
The truth hid behind
Every lie that stood within
And without our hearts.
And as I lay gasping
Waiting for you to smile
To love, to hold me
Against your heart
All I do is wait.
The fire may have burned out
The embers still ignite my love
For even in the wait is
A hope that doesn't die.
I just cannot let it die.

No comments:

Post a Comment